Booking Terms and Conditions
Box Office Opening Times & Ticket collection
On days when there are no evening performances the Box Office phone line (0191 230 5151) is open 12pm – 4pm Monday. In person, our Box Office is open from 12pm-4pm Monday-Friday. The phone line, and the theatre, is closed on Saturdays and Sundays, unless there is a performance on. On performance days we will remain open until 30 minutes after the performance has started. Prior to the performance starting, priority will be given to customers in person rather than on the phone.
All tickets bought online must be picked up from the Box Office at least 20 minutes prior to the start of the performance. Please bring along the order number and proof of identity and/or concession entitlement. If your tickets were bought as a gift then please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org from the email account associated with the purchase, and we will arrange for their collection by a third party.
Published ticket prices include a £1 contribution which is invested back into the organisation, helping to maintain Northern Stage and the variety of community services that are enjoyed all year round.
We accept cash (in person only), SOLT Theatre Tokens (not available online), cheques (group bookers only), BACS (group bookers only) and all major credit/debit cards, with the exclusion of American Express.
Reservations are only available to group bookers, subject to availability and at Northern Stage’s discretion. Reservation terms and conditions will be sent to the group organiser with the reservation confirmation.
To be eligible for Northern Stages’ group benefits, there must be 10 people or more in your party.
- Groups tickets, prices and discounts are subject to limited availability and can be changed and/or withdrawn at any time, without notice.
- Only one discount per ticket applies. Please call the Box Office on 0191 230 5151 or email email@example.com so we can find the best rate for you.
Discounted tickets are available to those 21 years old or younger and to full-time students with a valid NUS card or valid photo student ID. Please note that we do not accept UNiDAYS as a valid form of identification. We try to make our theatre accessible to everyone. If you have any particular requirements please inform our Sales Team when booking tickets.
Proof of status for ALL concession seats purchased must be produced when collecting tickets from the Box Office.
Max Card holders are entitled to one £5.00 ticket per card for under 21s and accompanying adults 2 for 1 tickets. The offer can be used on all price bands. Max Card must be presented at box office on collection of tickets.
All concessions are subject to availability.
Refunds and Exchanges
All tickets are non-refundable. In the case of Northern Stage cancelling a performance, for reasons beyond our control, you may exchange for another date (where availability permits) or cancel your booking and receive a full refund of the cost of any prepaid tickets. Northern Stage is not liable for travel expenses or any other out of pocket expenses, in respect of cancelled performances. We regret money cannot be refunded if you cancel or amend your tickets for a performance.
As the Management reserves the right to make any alterations to the advertised programme which may be rendered necessary by unavoidable cause, no refunds will be given in the event that a named performer is unable to appear.
At the management’s discretion, Northern Stage tickets may be exchanged up to 48hrs before a performance, subject to availability, changing from a lower price band to a higher price band will require the difference to be paid. Tickets can only be exchanged for an alternative performance of the same production and any difference in value must be paid for. If you have already collected your tickets these must be returned to box office before an exchange can be made.
Membership lasts for 12 months. You will be prompted to renew before your membership expires, unless you have signed up for Direct Debit, in which case your membership will automatically renew and your account debited.
Cost of membership may be subject to increase. Where a membership has been purchased by Direct Debit, the member will be informed of the price increase in advance of payment collection.
Direct Debit memberships can only be sold online. They are not via the phone or at the box office counter.
Any tickets discounted as part of the membership scheme are limited for joint membership to two discounted tickets per event and for individual membership to one discounted ticket per event. An event covers all performances of the same show. i.e. you can not use your membership discount on two visits to the same show on different dates.
Discounts are solely for the use of the Member, plus one guest if a joint member, unless otherwise stated. Any further tickets will be charged at the standard price.
- Membership does not guarantee access to tickets in the case that available tickets are sold out.
- Tickets discounted as part of the scheme are limited in number and subject to availability.
- Members will be sent an invitation to attend our exclusive Season Launch events. Places are limited and allocated on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Not all performances at Northern Stage are eligible for a membership discount or priority booking – check online at northernstage.co.uk or call the Box Office on 0191 230 5151 to find out more.
- A valid membership card must be presented when collecting tickets. The Box Office can print temporary proof of membership if the card is lost or stolen, or if the membership card has not yet arrived.
- You must inform Northern Stage if your membership card is lost or stolen.
- Northern Stage reserves the right to amend or withdraw any benefits or discounted tickets at any time.
- Memberships are not refundable under any circumstances. We do not offer pro-rata refunds.
- Discount in the café bar applies to all alcoholic and soft drinks. Discount does not apply to programmes, ice creams or any other retail items provided by Northern Stage.
- Members must show their membership card at the bar before placing their order in order to claim a discount.
- You agree to advise us immediately of any change to the Member’s details provided.
- You may terminate your membership at any point by cancelling your direct debit with your bank, allowing 3 to 4 working days for the bank to action this.
- Northern Stage has the right to cancel a membership without refund if the terms and conditions of membership and/or conditions of sale of event tickets are broken.
- Northern Stage reserves the right to refuse any application for a membership.
- Season pass discounts apply to selected shows only as marked on publicity. Tickets are subject to availability.
- Season pass tickets must be purchased in one transaction.
- Season pass discount applies to full price tickets only and excludes Price Band D.
- 20% discount applies to tickets booked as part of 3 show package. 25% discount applies to tickets booked as part of 5 show package where applicable.
- Northern Stage Members will receive 25% discount on the cost of a 3 show subscription and 30% discount on the cost of a 5 show subscription
- The same number of tickets must be purchased for each show to receive the discount. For example if a customer purchases 2 tickets for show A, 2 tickets for show B and 3 tickets for show C, only 2 tickets per production will be discounted. The third ticket for show C will be sold at full price.
- Tickets booked as part of Season pass package may be exchanged to another date/time of the production up to 48 hours before the performance you have booked. Please note that exchanges may result in a difference in ticket price that will need to be paid.
Babes in Arms
If the show is specifically for under 5s then everyone needs a ticket including tiny babies. Otherwise if your baby is 12 months or under and will be sitting on your knee during the performance, you will need to book a free babes in arms ticket, available by phoning box office on 0191 230 5151.
If you have a promo code, you will be asked to enter it at the final checkout stage of your purchase. Promo codes are for a limited period and will expire at 12 midnight on the day stated on the offer. Some events are excluded from promo codes, please check individual show web pages for details.
Promo codes apply to full price tickets only and exclude concessions and other sales promotions. Please check your booking carefully after entering an offer code; the ticket booking system will override any concession and other sales promotion tickets in your basket. Tickets can only be discounted once e.g. if a membership discount has been applied you won’t be able to then apply a promo code Please contact our box office if you need any further help with promo codes.
Latecomers will be admitted at the discretion of the Manager. Please note, some performances have a strict no latecomers’ policy and we are unable to refund ticket purchases if you miss the performance start time. As the theatre is situated in a thriving area of the city we advise you to consider possible traffic delays or parking difficulties when planning your journey.
We are committed to protecting your personal information and being transparent about what information we hold for you.
Pricing may be subject to change – tickets will be sold at the current Box Office rate at the time of booking.
To ensure the best experience for our audiences and actors some seats are not offered for sale until seats towards the front of the theatre are sold. If you have any specific access requirements, please do contact the Box Office.
We do not charge booking fees. There is a charge to have tickets posted but they can be collected from box office for free.
Carers are entitled to a free ticket, they can be booked via the box office on 0191 230 5151 or via emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Wheelchair bays are also bookable online, following the instructions here. If it’s your first time visiting, we recommend you book directly with the box office to ensure all needs are met and appropriate advice can be given for each particular performance space.
Lost or Destroyed Tickets
At the discretion of the Box Office, we will replace lost or destroyed tickets free of charge.
We welcome your feedback regarding all aspects of our theatre. You can call the Sales Team on 0191 230 5151, email us at email@example.com, or write to Visitor Services, Northern Stage, Barras Bridge, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 7RH.
The information contained within the website and on printed media, is correct at time of going to publication. Northern Stage reserves the right to make alterations where necessary and is not liable for any subsequent omissions.
In line with Government guidance, face coverings should be worn throughout your visit to the Theatre. You will not be required to wear a face covering if: you have a physical or mental illness or impairment, or a disability that means you cannot put on, wear or remove a face covering; or putting on, wearing or removing a face covering would cause you severe distress. Please inform our Front of House staff on arrival if this is the case.
Please remember to respect social distancing when queueing and moving around the building.
Refunds Due to Covid-19
In the event of a performance being cancelled due to COVID-19 we will offer all bookers the option of a full refund, credit or a transfer to another performance.
Please do not attend if you:
- believe you may be infected with COVID-19;
- have experienced symptoms in the last 14 days;
- have been in close proximity to anyone who has experienced symptoms in the last 14 days;
- have arrived in England in the last 14 days and are not covered by the exemption rules relating to self-isolation; or
have been instructed to self-isolate.
For maximized flexibility if you are not able to attend due to any of the above factors you will be offered a full refund, credit or a transfer to another performance if you let us know up to 24 hours prior to the event. Less than 24 hours in advance you will have the option of a credit or exchange (subject to availability).
Refunds will only be paid to the person who purchased the tickets, and to the payment method originally used.
In order to reduce queueing and minimise contact, we are not offering the option to collect tickets from the Box Office. For all performances, E-tickets will be sent by email. These do not have to be printed – you can show them on your smartphone for us to scan on entry. For customers without an email address, paper tickets will be sent by post one week prior to the performance.
The specific points above supersede those within the wider terms and conditions.