NewcastleGateshead Cultural Venues (NGCV) is a consortium of 10 non-profit distributing cultural organisations, operating 22 venues across visual arts, performing arts, music, dance, film, writing and literature, heritage, archives and museums and science communication in Tyne and Wear.
We work together to maximise the creative, social and economic potential of the cultural sector in the North East by developing strategic and creative initiatives, sharing practice and resources and by being a strong collective voice. You can find out more about our collaboration at http://ngcv.tv
The 10 organisations are:
- BALTIC Centre for Contemporary Art: The North East’s internationally acclaimed centre for contemporary art, housed in a landmark ex-industrial building on Gateshead Quays. www.balticmill.com
- Centre for Life: A landmark Millennium project, this unique science village houses new research alongside facilities devoted to ethics, public engagement and education.
- Dance City: The National Dance Agency for the North East, raising the profile of dance for young people in partnership with key youth dance partners such as Youth Dance England and Public Health North East. www.dancecity.co.uk
- Live Theatre: One of the leading new writing producers in the country, working with national and international co-producers. Its drama education programme is considered a national exemplar. www.live.org.uk
- Northern Stage: The North East’s major producing theatre, making and presenting a repertoire of new work and contemporary classics in collaboration with partners such as Robert Lepage, the Royal Shakespeare Company and Kneehigh. www.northernstage.co.uk
- The Sage Gateshead: The pioneering international hub for music performance, learning and participation delivering across 10,000 square miles from Foster’s iconic building, as well as leading national programmes. www.thesagegateshead.org
- Seven Stories: a new national home for children’s literature, bringing together original manuscripts and artwork, involving young people, their families and educators in exploring creativity, literature and art. www.sevenstories.org.uk
- Theatre Royal: Newcastle’s landmark receiving and touring theatre and the regional home for, amongst others, the Royal Shakespeare Company, Opera North, The Dance Consortium and Rambert Dance. www.theatreroyal.co.uk
- Tyne and Wear Archive and Museums (TWAM): England’s largest regional museums service, with 12 museums, galleries and Heritage sites. TWAM leads NE Regional Museums Hub (Renaissance), and has agreed links with five national museums (Victoria and Albert, National Portrait Gallery, British Museum, Natural History Museum, Tate). www.twmuseums.org.uk
- Tyneside Cinema: The North East’s leading independent cinema, a resource for learning and development of moving image and new media and an important hub for the North East’s creative industries. www.tynesidecinema.co.uk