Northern Stage is going back to Edinburgh in 2017 and this time we’re taking a few of our friends with us. We are now seeking submissions from brilliant artists to be part of the programme.
This August we will be presenting the best new work from across the North of England in our Fringe Festival venue at Summerhall.
New for 2017, we will be working with Hull Truck Theatre, Royal Exchange and West Yorkshire Playhouse marking the start of a new creative partnership with our Northern venue pals and a fresh commitment to supporting artists.
WHAT IT’S ALL ABOUT
Our mission for the festival is to create the conditions for artists to take their work to Edinburgh without unsustainable financial risk.
The offer we make reflects this and though we take a first call on the box office this is purely to cover costs, we ask for no venue fee and crucially there are no re-charges. For making this possible, we are hugely grateful to Arts Council England and to our partner venues across the region, in particular Hull Truck Theatre, Royal Exchange and West Yorkshire Playhouse.
This year represents a genuine evolution; the beginning of a new, engaged and creative partnership between theatres across the North and a fresh commitment to supporting artists in developing new work, touring and profile, and to ensuring and foregrounding the diversity and inclusion of the programme.
We won’t be holding roadshows this year as we feel the project is now well established. There’s a bunch of useful information below and if you have questions please get in touch with Katie Catling – email@example.com and our new associate producer for the project Matt Burman firstname.lastname@example.org
OUR OFFER FOR EDINBURGH 2017
- Tech support – inc. a team to op/run your show, dedicated tech time, and generous get-in/get-out time. Please download and read the tech spec for the venue. Summerhall tech spec.
- Marketing support in partnership with you – leading up to and during the festival. We also take a small team of volunteers with us who, amongst other duties, act as our street team
- Press support – we engage additional press support to make sure we get the best press coverage possible
- Print run – inc. a run of posters and flyers
- No venue fee/recharges
DATES & DEADLINES
- Thursday 12 January 2017 at 5pm – deadline for submissions to Northern Stage Edinburgh Fringe programme
- w/c 16 January – short-list decided and notification given to all companies. This is usually done via phone call.
- 3 March – deadline for copy, image, run length and other show details to be sent in time for registration with EdFringe brochure.
- 9 March - a day at Northern Stage for all companies who are part of the Edinburgh 2017 programme. It is important that a representative from each company is present at this day as it will be an opportunity to talk through all details of how the venue is run as well as go through the technical set-up of the venue. At this point we will also be able to give you the deadlines for when we will need your tech spec by and when set etc will need to be ready to go to Edinburgh.
- 20 March - 21 April – proofing period for EdFringe brochure. The team at Northern Stage will proof everything but you will need to make sure that one of your company is around to be able to respond to proofing requests.
- w/c 15 May – deadline for programmed company tech specs. The tech spec for the Northern Stage venue is available to download here.
- 7 June – EdFringe Programme Launch. This is when the embargo is finally lifted and you can tell everyone that you are going to Edinburgh.
- 31 July – tech week at the Edinburgh venue begins
- 4 August – official opening of Edinburgh Fringe
- 26 August – last day of the Edinburgh Fringe for the Northern Stage venue
Please send us a proposal about your show and why you want to take it to the festival with Northern Stage. Please do not send anything with a combined size of more than 8MB. Please send us a dropbox link for anything bigger.
Please send your proposal to Katie Catling: email@example.com
Deadline: Thursday 12 January 2017 at 5pm
Published on 16/12/2016 12:46:06